My GeoJourney begins today!

 

                                  


In Spring 2023 I began the graduate certificate in GIS at the University of West Florida.  The first and current class I am taking in the program is GIS 5050, Geographic Information Systems.  One of the first course assignments requires students to create a blog that they will use not only for this class, but future ones in the certificate program.  While I have yet to start work on my own GIS projects for class, I thought I would share one from my course project in the last GIS class that I took (GIS 5107) at the University of Florida ins Spring of 2010.

This map shows the distribution of graves and artifacts at the Old Oakland Cemetery in Oakland, Orange County, Florida and the site's proximity to Highway 50 and a sinkhole immediately to the northwest.  The map also shows contour lines and the chain-length perimeter fence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surfaces: TINs and DEMs

Computer Cartography!

GIS Portfolio