Final Project!

Today I finished my Final Project for GIS 5050.  Overall, I felt like I did satisfactory project, but unfortunately, I did not finish the fourth, or final objective, which was to estimate the engineering costs of the line through a digitization and computational process.

Overall though, I found the project helpful in reinforcing the skills and knowledge I learned in this course, though I encountered a few difficult moments.  This included problems geocoding the Sarasota County Schools list table but this was because I incorrectly used the 2022, instead of 2020 Census edges file.  I wish I had more time to work on the project by finishing the final objective, but I must move on to prepare for the next course in the GIS graduate certificate program.

Here is a screenshot of all the layers for my final project over the basemap.  Of course it is messy, so I will follow with an example of two of the analytical maps I created.

 

This map, for Objective #1, shows the environmental impact of the proposed Bobwhite-Manatee Transmission Line on wetlands and natural areas.  Here you can see the study area and preferred line corridor.

This map, for Objective #2, shows the community and social impact of the proposed Bobwhite-Manatee Transmission Line on homes.  Here, I used heads up digitizing to create points on each recognizable home within the preferred corridor, as well as in a 400-foot buffer.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surfaces: TINs and DEMs

Computer Cartography!

GIS Portfolio